Frequently Asked Questions

Where should I address my complaints, compliments or suggestions?

The Ministry of Health has established a Complaints and Compliments Office (also referred to as Customer Care) located in the Red Roof Building in the grounds of Seychelles Hospital. You can call the office for any complaint or compliment on telephone number 4303420 between 8am and 4pm . You can also address your complaints and compliments to the Manager of the unit which served you. Use these avenues before you call the Minister or the President. Your issue will be addressed accordingly.

Is the Ministry building a new hospital?

Yes, a new hospital is being built at Perseverance. It is nearing completion. It will be the third hospital on Mahe after Seychelles Hospital and Anse Royale Hospital. The new hospital will initially be a day hospital and will slowly morph into a full scale hospital. Designing of a new hospital for La Digue will also start this year. These form part of the hospital redevelopment initiative of the Seychelles Government.

How is human resources being developed?

Human Resources for Health remain the greatest challenge of the Ministry of Health. However, the Ministry is mounting an elaborate strategy to invite more young people into the profession. The National Institute of Health and Social Studies is developing new and extremely interesting courses for new cadres of staff and advanced courses to upgrade existing cadres. The prospects are innumerable. Should you wish to take up a profession is Health, do not hesitate.

How can I work as a nurse or midwife in Seychelles?

Any international candidate who wishes work as a nurse or midwife in Seychelles should register with the Seychelles Nurses and Midwives Council. Upon successful and continuous registration with the council the candidate may look for employment opportunities in Seychelles.

Registering with the Seychelles Nurses and Widwives Council does not in any way guarantee employment as a nurse or midwife in Seychelles. Employment depends on availability.

How can I work as a medical practitioner or dentist in Seychelles?

To work as a medical practitioner or dentist in Seychelles, international candidates must first register with the Seychelles Medical and Dental Council. The council registers and licenses medical practitioner and dentists, regulates their professional conduct, facilitates their continuous medical and dental education and professional development and receives complaints from the public regarding their practice. Upon successful and continuous registration with the council, candidates may proceed to look for employment in Seychelles.

Registering with the Seychelles Medical and Dental Council does not in any way guarantee employment as a medical practitioner or dentist in Seychelles. Employment depends on availability.

I want to conduct an interview with a staff of the Ministry of Health, how should I proceed?

For an interview with a health staff on any subject related to the Ministry of Health or have them take part in any programme contact or

What procedure must I follow if I wish to film or photograph Ministry of Health premises for distribution in any media outlet?

For requests to film or take photos of the Ministry of Health Headquarters (including Health Centres) to be distributed in any publication or media outlet please email the Communications unit on or

Are sophrology classes being offered to expectant mothers?

All expectant mothers can attend sophrology classes at their community health centre where they go for antenatal services. Ask your attending midwife about the classes.

As a Ministry of Health staff, what can I do when encountering certain issues?

The Ministry of Health offers help and guidance services to all health staff. We offer consistent help and guidance to anyone affected by work-related problems as well as personal and domestic issues. These services are delivered by our Staff Welfare Officer, Ms Marie-Claude Labrosse. She can be reached during working hours on 4388277.

The Staff Welfare Officer works within a well-set professional code of ethics, which involves integrity and confidentiality. The officer intervenes were appropriate to assist in resolving welfare problems.
Who is the Information Officer for the Ministry of Health?

Who is the Information Officer for the Ministry of Health?

The Information Officer for the Ministry of Health is Dr Shobha Hajarnis. For formal queries related to the operations of the Ministry of Health kindly email

Does the Ministry offer overseas treatment?

The Government ensures that patients who cannot be treated locally, because of lack of expertise, benefit from the overseas treatment programme. Your specialist will refer you to the Overseas Treatment Board and the Board will decide on your case. The Overseas Treatment Manager will inform you of the outcome. We send patients to the nearest possible quality health care facility. Currently patients go mainly to India, Sri Lanka, Reunion, Mauritius.

What are the symptoms of pneumonic plague?

The most common symptoms of the plague include fever, body ache, and cough with phlegm. However, having these symptoms does not necessarily mean that you are infected with the plague. These symptoms could also be due to other illnesses.

Is it possible for me to collect my prescription (medicine) at another pharmacy?

For repeat prescriptions we’re offering you a personlised service. You may now choose a pharmacy more convenient for you to collect your repeat prescription. These are medication that your doctor gives you for a certain period of time on a regular basis without having to see your doctor each time.

If you wish to collect your repeat prescription in a pharmacy other than from your district health centre, you need to fill out the consent form and place in the designated collection box at the pharmacy in your district health centre. You can only choose one pharmacy to collect your prescription. You may change your option by filling out the form again and choosing a pharmacy more convenient for you.

Can I undergo dialysis while holidaying in Seychelles?

The Ministry of Health aims to make your trip to Seychelles as enjoyable as possible. It can be quite difficult for dialysis patients to plan for their ideal holiday as it has to be planned with good medical care. AMSA Renal Care, through the Seychelles Hospital, offers dialysis patients excellent holiday dialysis services. With the available holiday dialysis facilities, patients do not need to compromise on their holiday or work. They can book a hassle-free dialysis at the Seychelles Hospital Dialysis Unit at their convenience. For more information on these services visit the AMSA website or take the virtual tour.

What should I know about Yellow Fever when traveling to Seychelles?

Yellow Fever Does Not Exist in Seychelles. Yellow fever vaccination is needed if you are traveling to Seychelles from a yellow fever endemic region. If you are transiting through an airport of a yellow fever endemic region for less than 12 hours you do not need yellow fever vaccination. Whenever yellow fever vaccination is required, proof of vaccination will be demanded at the entry point by public health officers.

Covid-19 Update

Covid-19 update, 8 August 2022
August 8, 2022
Covid-19 update, 2 August 2022
August 2, 2022
COVID-19 UPDATE 25 July 2022
July 25, 2022


Small countries of Europe invite Seychelles to their annual meeting
June 4, 2022
Health Entry Conditions
March 15, 2022
Guidance on mixing of households
March 1, 2022
Platinum Command approves revision of public health and social measures
February 28, 2022


All persons placed under home quarantine who develop symptoms are advised to visit the special stations at Glacis Health Centre, Baie Lazare Health Centre and Mont Fleuri Health Centre. The home quarantine period should be completed for 14 days, from arrival in Seychelles or last contact with a positive case of COVID-19. A certificate of quarantine will be presented at the end of the quarantine period.


Anyone with symptoms related to COVID-19 are asked to report to special stations at Glacis Health Centre, Baie Lazare Health Centre and Mont Fleuri Health Centre between 8am-12pm and 1pm-2pm. People who use these health centres for regular consultations, should go to their regional centres.


This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
Error: Server configuration issue