Commonly asked questions about the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

What happens when someone is suspected to have the virus?

When someone is suspected to have the virus, i.e. they meet enough of the criteria to be considered to possibly have the virus, they have samples taken for testing for COVID-19 and they are admitted at the Isolation Centre for follow up and management.

What should I do if I am having one or more symptoms of COVID-19?

It is recommended to go to one of the COVID-19 screening stations at Glacis, Corgate Estate, Baie Lazare if you on Mahe and are experiencing one or more symptoms of COVID-19. If you are on Praslin and La Digue, go to the existing health facilities. The health staff in the facilities will examine your symptoms and take the appropriate actions.

What happens when someone is confirmed to have the virus?

The person is kept in isolation where they receive proper treatment and care.

Is the test for COVID-19 available in Seychelles?

The test for COVID-19 is available in Seychelles. All tests for the virus are conducted in the Public Health Lab of the Seychelles Hospital by qualified health professionals according to set international standards.

What follow up methods are in placed following the confirmation of the positive cases?

The Public Health Authority has set in motion the process of contact tracing, which is the tracking of anyone who possibly came into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Through this system there is follow up and surveillance of all possible contacts.

I was in contact with someone who was in contact with a positive case, what should I do?

The surveillance team works tirelessly to identify contacts with risk of getting infected from COVID-19 after a positive case is detected. Interviews with surveillance team will identify whether you need monitoring or not. However, if you start developing symptoms, go to a COVID-19 screening station or call 141 to get assistance from the Rapid Response Team for further evaluation.

How do I get my certificate to exit quarantine and go back to work?

All persons placed under quarantine should provide their personal email address or that of the Human Resource Officer at their workplace for issuance of the exit quarantine certificates.

Do not report to health facilities and Public Health Authority offices for the collection of certificates.

There may be delays in receiving the exit quarantine certificate, given the current local COVID-19 situation and the large number of requests for the certificates. In such instances, the Human Resource representative can email or contact the surveillance team on 4385054 or 2660940 or 2519531.

What is the difference between isolation and quarantine?

Isolation is where people who are suspected to have an infectious disease and are presenting with symptoms or those who are confirmed cases of an infectious diseases are admitted. People are admitted in Isolation for treatment and medical care. The Isolation Centres are at Family Hospital in Perseverance and at the Anse Royale Hospital.

Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to an infectious disease to see if they become sick, that is present with any symptoms of a suspect infectious disease. The Quarantine facility is located at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Hotel in Beau Vallon and the Military Academy in Perseverance.

Where is the isolation centre located?

There are two isolation centres for treatment of patients who test positive for COVID-19. These are both located on Mahe. One is situated at Perseverance.

Is it advisable to travel during this pandemic?

The Public Health Authority is advising against travel during these times.

What measures can I take to prevent infection from COVID-19?

Wear a mask at all times. Observe good personal hygiene. Practice frequent handwashing with soap and use hand sanitizers where available. Cover your mouth with a tissue when sneezing or coughing and dispose of the tissue in a bin, then immediately wash hands or use alcohol based sanitisers. Additionally, if not tissue is available, cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your arms in a dab motion when coughing or sneezing. AVOID gatherings.

Who can I contact if I have health related queries and concerns about COVID-19?

There is a hotline accessible by dialling 141, where questions and concerns can be directed. A team of operators from various cadres will be available for assistance. The hotline receives numerous calls per day. Members of the public are advised to be patient when calling.

I work in a non-essential private company and I am being requested to come to work, what do I do?

The list of essential services is accessible to the public. Should you have any employment complaints please call the Employment Department on the following numbers, 2724403, 2804041 or 2823400 for further assistance

What are the conditions for entry into Seychelles?

All travelers to Seychelles must have certification of vaccination against COVID-19 and a valid negative PCR test result of not more than 72 hours & 48 hours depending on the country. Travelers are required to submit their test results when filling out the travisory form.

Covid-19 Update

COVID-19 UPDATE, 1 July 2022
July 1, 2022
Covid-19 update, 17 June 2022
June 17, 2022
Covid-19 update, 10 June 2022
June 10, 2022


Small countries of Europe invite Seychelles to their annual meeting
June 4, 2022
Health Entry Conditions
March 15, 2022
Guidance on mixing of households
March 1, 2022
Platinum Command approves revision of public health and social measures
February 28, 2022


All persons placed under home quarantine who develop symptoms are advised to visit the special stations at Glacis Health Centre, Baie Lazare Health Centre and Mont Fleuri Health Centre. The home quarantine period should be completed for 14 days, from arrival in Seychelles or last contact with a positive case of COVID-19. A certificate of quarantine will be presented at the end of the quarantine period.


Anyone with symptoms related to COVID-19 are asked to report to special stations at Glacis Health Centre, Baie Lazare Health Centre and Mont Fleuri Health Centre between 8am-12pm and 1pm-2pm. People who use these health centres for regular consultations, should go to their regional centres.


This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
Error: Server configuration issue