Right to Health Care
The State recognizes the right of every citizen to protection of health and to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standards of physical and mental health and with a view to ensuring the effective exercise of this right, the State undertakes:
- To take steps to provide for free primary health care in state institutions for all its citizens;
- To take appropriate measures to prevent, treat and control epidemic, endemic and other diseases;
- To take steps to reduce infant mortality and promote the healthy development of the child;
- To promote individual responsibility in health matters;
- To allow, subject to such supervision and conditions as are necessary in a democratic society, for the establishment of private medical services.
Article 29, Constitution of the Republic of Seychelles, p.30, 1994