Health for All
- A principle that places the well-being of the individual and the family at the center of all our efforts in the pursuit of social and economic development.
- A recognition that health is a fundamental right of every citizen and the pursuit of better health for every Seychellois is a personal and collective commitment.
- An expression of our desire and determination that every person must have access to health care and that the exclusion of anyone from the basic needs for a better health is unacceptable.
- A collective national effort to promote the development of comprehensive, appropriate and effective health care services; the mobilization of all sectors and partners in the promotion and protection of health.
Health by All
- A philosophy that recognizes that the primary responsibility for health rests with each and every single individual and that the individual’s beliefs, attitudes and actions determine his or her health.
- An acknowledgement that the promotion of better health for our nation involves a shared commitment between the government and its national and international partners.
- An invitation to all sectors and organizations whether governmental, non-governmental or private to join together in mobilizing the resources and optimizing efforts towards common goals.
- A desire and a determination that health workers in cooperation with professionals in other sectors and, most importantly, in partnership with the community, seek to ensure that the health care services are efficient and effective and of highest standard.
An expectation that members of the community will respect and support their health workers and health services and will utilize their health services appropriately.